ADB, originally founded in Belgium in 1920 by Adrien De Backer, operated as a family business until 1987 when it was acquired by the SIEMENS Group.
At that time ADB had already pioneered some of the key technologies used in stage & studio lighting, such as digital dimmers, memory control systems, condenser optics for theatre spotlights... and was strongly established as a leading broadline manufacturer with facilities in Belgium and France, and a sales subsidiary in Germany.
In December 2002, as the result of a management buy-out, Christian Léonard, then General Manager of ADB-TTV France, backed up by a group of private and institutional investors, took over control of the whole ADB-TTV Group and very rapidly restructured and streamlined the operations. Today production and logistics are centralized in the French facility in Saint-Quentin, whereas R&D, Product Engineering, Marketing and International Sales are still located in the Belgian premises as before. Following these changes, the new ADB Lighting Technologies Group is now a lean and agile operation able and eager to face new challenges.
- ADB's core competence is in high performance, high quality products and services for professional applications in stage and studio lighting.
- ADB is mastering software and hardware development, as well as product engineering and production of all key components of a stage or studio lighting system, i.e. fixed and motorized luminaires, dimmers, control desks, networks and motorized suspensions. For the end user, this is the guarantee of system wide compatibility of all components, easier maintenance, plus the comfort of dealing with only one responsible partner.
- From system design through equipment specifications, installation and commissioning, the ADB Project Team provides customized solutions for any kind of stage or studio lighting system, even complete lighting vans for use wherever power supply is not available. ADB Project Engineers ensure efficient coordination with Consultants and Architects as well as specialists in infrastructures, air conditioning, stage machinery, sound, electricity, e.a., so as to guarantee to the end user timely project completion and total system performance.
- ADB does not compromise on the quality, safety and reliability of its products.
- ADB operates through subsidiaries in France, Belgium, Hong Kong and a network of professional agents and distributors in over 50 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and South America.
A wealth of experience in stage and studio lighting, a comprehensive range of high quality products and a strong project management capability are some of the key strengths which have made of ADB the preferred partner of so many Theatre and Television Lighting Professionals around the world. An impressive reference list is available upon request.