- ALC4 - Lighting Major French TV Shows
- Casa da Musica Porto Portugal
- Malaysian National Theatre
- National Grand Theatre Beijing
- Novosibirsk Opera Russia
- Opera Garnier Paris
- Oriental Art Centre Shanghai
- Teatro alla Scala Milano Italy
- Teatro Regio Torino Italy
- Theatre Municipal Luxembourg
- PAULE CONSTABLE ON THE ADB LIGHTING WARP/M
- DIRTY DANCING THE MUSICAL
- GLYNDEBOURNE OPERA HOUSE SELECTS MOTORIS...
Teatro Regio Torino Italy
Location: Torino - Italy - http://www.teatroregio.torino.it
The Teatro Regio di Torino is a prominent opera house and opera company in Turin, Italy. Its season runs from October to June with the presentation of eight or nine operas given from five to twelve performances of each. In 1713 the opera house was considered and under the architect Filippo Juvarra planning began. The Nuovo Teatro Regio (New Royal Theatre) was inaugurated on 26 December 1740. It was a sumptuously built seating 1,500 and with 139 boxes located on five tiers plus a gallery. Even before it burnt down, discussions about whether to rebuilt the Regio or create a brand new theatre preoccupied Turin in the early Twentieth century. Two plans were presented and the one selected expanded the seating capacity to 2,415 by removing the fourth and fifth levels of boxes and creating a huge amphitheatre. Work was completed in 1905 but the theatre closed during the First World War and re-opened in 1919. Until February 1936, seasons of opera were presented until fire then destroyed all but the facade of the Teatro Reggio.
Following the fire, a national competition was launched to find an architect. Work did not start until September 1967 under architect Carlo Mollino.The rebuilt theatre, with its striking contemporary interior design but hidden behind the original facade, was inaugurated on 10 April 1973. The new house seats 1,750 and is elliptical in shape with a large orchestra level and 37 boxes around its perimeter. An acoustic shell was added to improve its sound. The house presents a wide range of operas during its seasons, including contemporary works, although in the first years of the new century financial pressures have made the programming somewhat more conservative and favoring more 19th Century operas.
Numbers of Venues: 1
International venue for National and International Performing Companies, Opera, dance & Classic music.
Construction Year: Opened 1973
Recent Major Refurbishment: 2003
The Theatre Venue View from Outside
ADB equipment list
• EURODIM 3, 1P+N, dual CPU :
- 432 channels 3 kW (400 µ sec) dimmers
- 255 channels 5 kW (400 µ sec) dimmers- 12 channels 10 kW (400 µ sec) dimmers
• PHOENIX 10
• PHOENIX 10 back-up
• PC, Fresnel Zoom profiles EUROPE range